Warranty & Exchange
We pride ourselves in helping customers make a fit-for-purpose purchase and assist with any issues that may arise with products purchased from SJ Sports and Fashion. However, all warranty claims will be treated on case by case basis. Please contact SJ SPORTS for all warranty and exchange requests, call us on 0423 240 478 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Access to product warranty and request for product repair or exchange will be entertained only if the product is received by us as expected and deemed fair and appropriate. SJ SPORTS accepts no liability for any damage or loss that may occur during transit.
Cricket bats are made from willow which is a natural material, and such there is no certain time a cricket bat will last. Deterioration and a small amount of cracking are normal & inevitable. This shouldn’t have any impact on the performance of the bat however you should sand it out. SJ SPORTS always recommends having an extratec fitted to get maintenance free use and longevity for your bat.
It is highly recommended that you do not use your bat against a bowling machine. Consistent use against a bowling machine can severely damage the bat and will reduce the life. Please consider using different bat to practice against bowling machines. Cricket bat will last longer if you do regular maintenance.
Subject to the terms and conditions set out below, SJ SPORTS agree to repair or replace your gear in circumstances where it’s deemed to be manufacturer’s fault.
- Cricket bats sold by us are subject to a discretionary 6-month warranty from the date of initial purchase, manufacturers’ warranty for any damage deemed not to be the fault of the purchaser. Depending on the nature of the warranty claim, at the manufacturers’ discretion, they may choose to repair or replace the item in question. For cricket bats, warranty is only applicable for handle (toe, edges and shoulders are not covered and can be broken by a wrong shot selection).
- When the manufacturer has inspected the item and reached a conclusion concerning the warranty claim, the customer will be notified of the outcome – being either the item repaired, credited for replacement/exchange or the warranty claim being refused.
- Please note that minor wear and tear and surface cracking to a bat does not constitute a warranty claim and is a common occurrence that does not affect the performance.
The warranty of bats purchased from SJ SPORT does not apply to:
- Bat on which manufacturer’s stickers have been tempered or removed
- Damage to the toe and edges of the bat
- Damage caused by improper or extended use
- Damage resulting from the use of non-leather or composite balls, including bowling machine balls.
- Damage due to Yorkers hitting toes
- Damage due to moisture or extreme heat.
- Damage due to inadequate bat preparation (Knocking-in) or improper use.
- Damage caused excessive bat oiling
- Damage caused by repairs attempted by a third party
A Bat will not be replaced due to handle break, edge or surface cracking but will be repaired under Warranty only in the first season of use.
Processing time for repairs/replacement will be up to 15 business days; however, we will try our best to expedite process of repair or refund.
Return and Exchange
All returns must be discussed prior and it is buyer’s responsibility to send it with reliable post or courier. Postage cost of return or exchange will be responsibility of sender unless discussed and agreed by us. Also, buyers must state his full name address and provide proof of purchase.SJ Sports is not liable if your goods are lost or damaged in transit.
Items for return/exchange must be in original and unused condition and in the packaging in which you received them.
Once it is confirmed that product is faulty, you have option of replacement or full refund.
You will receive an email when the returned parcel has been received. Processing time for returns and exchanges will be up to 7 business days; however, we will endeavour to get it done as soon as possible.
Additional return postage charge will be applied for all items exchanged, as well as any price difference between the original and exchange item(s) chosen. You will receive an email when the exchange is dispatched.
Returns must be sent to 141 D’Arcy Road, Seven Hills and have your full name, invoice number and mobile phone number clearly indicated on the package. Please retain proof of purchase for all warranty, repair and exchange claims.